Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Philosophy: My faithful friend and educated counselor

Philosophy. What does that word strike into your mind. Do you think of meaningless prattle. How about noble ambitions. Do you feel disgusted or excited. Is it boring or thrilling. Is it meaningful or bland. I would submit that philosophy is, in essence, an intemplation (my own word) of reality. It is discovery, experience, deduction, inference, discussion, and validity all mixed together.

In an abstract sense, philosophy is the beat that ideologies dance too. In a concrete manner, philosophy is the discipline that complements all other disciplines. It is the discipline that gives validity, and clear meaning to the primary discipline. Philosophy is a second-order discipline with a first order punch. But the most exciting thing about philosophy to me is that it is endless. It seems to go on forever, and yet their is a rhythm to its truths. Philosophy is, for me, one of the most challenging and freeing things I have ever encountered. What about you? Are you enthralled too?

Think on That!

No comments: